The Urban Matters Lab is looking for Purdue Honors/non-Honors students to fill two Research Assistant (RA) positions for this summer and potentially in winter 2023. You also have to opportunity to continue to work on the research project in the Fall and Spring semesters and can use this project as your Scholarly Project for your Honors program.
Project: Our current project is researching historical sites in the Greater Lafayette Area that are important to Black history and heritage.
We are looking for students who:
- are current and active in the John Martinson Honors College OR can be outside the Honors College but in good academic standing. Students outside the Honors College are welcome and encouraged to apply
- All applicants must have some background or interest in historical and/or archival research
- All applicants should be available in person in the Greater Lafayette Area for most of the summer of 2023
- Will need to complete CITI training before starting the RA position
RA Position details:
- 10hrs / week of work commitment
- $12/hr stipend
- RA period: May 15- August 11, 2023
- RAs for this position will independently conduct historical research at various sites like Purdue Archives (in HSSE Library, 4th floor), Tippecanoe County Historical Association Archives, West Lafayette Public Library Archives, Tippecanoe County Public Library Archives, among others
- By the end of the summer, each RA is expected to have constructed historical narratives for at least two historical sites in the area
To apply, please email Dr. Krishna at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and set up an appointment to meet.